Amanda-Users

Re: encryption

2003-05-27 23:03:32
Subject: Re: encryption
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:57:34 -0400
On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 09:10:13PM -0500, Martin, Jeremy enlightened us:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed amanda supports Kerberos authentication but I was asked to find
> out if it possibly supports "PKI" (public key infrastructure) instead of
> Kerberos, or if there is any way to make it use OpenSSL/SSH for the
> transfer protocol instead of the "proprietary" amanda protocol normally
> used? Or is there any easy way to make Amanda encrypt the tar files (I'm
> using GNUTAR instead of dump) before sending it over the network?

Check out http://cns.utoronto.ca/~pkern/stuff/amanda-patch/

I've patched my amanda installation, but haven't had a chance to play with
it yet. If you get it working, please let me know!

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics