Amanda-Users

Re: chg-manual, span

2003-05-20 17:35:53
Subject: Re: chg-manual, span
From: tjungeblut AT t-online DOT de (Thorsten Jungeblut)
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:33:58 +0200 (Westeuropäische Sommerzeit)
On Sun, 18 May 2003, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Sunday 18 May 2003 05:53 pm, Thorsten Jungeblut wrote:

> >> Ouch.  For numerous reasons one should not use localhost, but
> >> use instead the FQDN of the machine.  Localhost will bite you, a
> >> bit higher than the ankles.  Probably at recovery time, which is
> >> a bad time to find that out according to people who've run into
> >> it.

Thanks a lot! I hope I am getting closer... ;)
Sorry, I'm a totally newbie to amanda, forced to install a backup,
("NOW!" ;)) for my employer, that didn't even care about it´, before ;)

It seems, that amanda shipped with my debian has already GNUTAR
support compiled in.

ps -efa:
[...]
root     14724 14721  1 23:16 ?        00:00:00 gtar --create --file -
--directory /home --one-file-system --listed-incremental
/var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists/little.demon.de_home_0.new --sparse
--ignore-failed-...
[...]

I changed my disklist to

little.demon.de /home {
        standard
        exclude list "/etc/amanda/std/.exclude"
}
little.demon.de /home/test standard
little.demon.de /home/test2 standard

little:/home# cat /etc/amanda/std/.exclude
/home/test/save.tar.gz
/home/test/save2.tar.gz
/home/test/save3.tar.gz
/home/test/test1.tar.gz
/home/test/test3.tar.gz
/home/test2/test1.tar.gz
/home/test2/test3.tar.gz

(all files in this two directories)

little:/home# du -sk .
2588056 .
little:/home# du -sk test
937980  test
little:/home# du -sk test2
704496  test2

But "amstatus std" says:

little:~# amstatus std
Using /var/log/amanda/std/amdump from Tue May 20 23:09:34 CEST 2003

little.demon.de:/home                    0 2584020k dumping   137024k (5.30%)
(23:16:16)
little.demon.de:/home/test               0  937056k dump done (23:16:16), wait
for writing to tape
little.demon.de:/home/test2              0  703808k writing to tape (23:13:01)

,so it seems that my exclude-list doesn't work?