Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck problems

2003-05-16 16:06:26
Subject: Re: amcheck problems
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Tom Brown <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:03:36 -0500
--On Friday, May 16, 2003 20:42:53 +0100 Tom Brown <tom.brown AT goodtechnology
DOT com> wrote:

Tom Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to backup my FW-1 NG FP3 box runnning RedHat 7.3 and
amanda-2.4.4
> and i have configured it in the same way i always configure amanda. I'm
not
> having much look though getting an amcheck to work.

thanks - i have got past this error and now i have another one i can't
figure out!

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: codpiece: [can not execute /opt/CPshrd-50-03/util/gtar: Permission
denied]
ERROR: codpiece: [can not execute /opt/CPshrd-50-03/util/gzip: Permission
denied]
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 0.023 seconds, 2 problems found

any ideas?

My first guess would be permissions on the executables (or on one or more
of the parent directories) on the client.  Since tar should be run by
runtar which should be suid root, if it is NFS-mounted it might not be
mounted with the suid option.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com