Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck problems

2003-05-16 15:45:21
Subject: Re: amcheck problems
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: "Bernhard Beck" <bb AT collabrys DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:42:53 +0100

> Tom Brown wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to backup my FW-1 NG FP3 box runnning RedHat 7.3 and
amanda-2.4.4
> >and i have configured it in the same way i always configure amanda. I'm
not
> >having much look though getting an amcheck to work.
> >
> >On the server i get the dreaded...
> >
> >selfcheck request timed out.  Host down? error and on the client i have
> >noticed...
> >
> >Deactivating service amanda due to excessive incoming connections.
> >Restarting in 30 seconds
> >

> >has anyone come accross this before or know a solution?
> >
> /etc/xinetd.conf setting. Look in the defaults section for the cps
> entry. From the xinetd.conf man page:
>
>        cps              Limits the rate of incoming connections.
> Takes  two  argu­
>                         ments.   The first argument is the number of
> connections per
>                         second to handle.  If the rate of  incoming
> connections  is
>                         higher  than this, the service will be
> temporarily disabled.
>                         The second argument is the number of seconds to
> wait  before
>                         re-enabling the service after it has been
disabled.

> I suspect your cps setting is very low. The default is IIRC cps 25 30 .
>
> Bernhard

thanks - i have got past this error and now i have another one i can't
figure out!

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: codpiece: [can not execute /opt/CPshrd-50-03/util/gtar: Permission
denied]
ERROR: codpiece: [can not execute /opt/CPshrd-50-03/util/gzip: Permission
denied]
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 0.023 seconds, 2 problems found

any ideas?

thanks