Amanda-Users

Re: configure question and the amanda user's home dir

2003-05-15 08:48:12
Subject: Re: configure question and the amanda user's home dir
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: DK Smith <dks AT MediaWeb DOT com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:45:39 -0400
On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 05:49 PM, DK Smith wrote:

Is there a configure option that is explicitly dependent upon the home directory specified for the amanda user?

Not that I know of. What is dependent is that the .amandahosts file will be located in the home directory of the amanda user.

For example, must "--sysconfdir" agree with the home directory of the amanda user?
[...]
PS: bonus question: Is "--sharedstatedir" rarely used, not applicable, or possibly obsolete?

Rather than set each of these values, you could try using --prefix, which will put all of them under a particular root folder. Usually, I run "./configure --prefix=/usr/local/amanda ...", and then make the home directory for the amanda user be /usr/local/amanda. This way, everything (excepting /etc/amandates and /etc/dumpdates) is located in /usr/local/amanda.

HTH,
Ricky