Amanda-Users

amcheck server timeout

2003-05-15 00:21:05
Subject: amcheck server timeout
From: Neil Klosterman <neil AT MPI-SoftTech DOT Com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:14:10 -0500 (CDT)
I am trying to install on a RH 7.3 server with a Dell PowerVault 112T tape
backup.  When I attempt to run amcheck I get the following message:

[root@islandwx server-src]# amcheck Dell
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 503884 KB disk space available, that's plenty
ERROR: cannot overwrite active tape Dell1
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
NOTE: info dir /usr/adm/amanda/Dell/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
NOTE: index dir /usr/adm/amanda/Dell/index: does not exist
Server check took 5.051 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: localhost: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 1 host checked in 29.993 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

I have read from the FAQ about a service that has to be running on the
node, but I am unable to find this.  I try to run the amandad script, and
that also times out after 30 seconds.  Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

-Neil Klosterman

-----------------------------
Neil Klosterman
MPI Software Technology, Inc.
neil AT mpi-softtech DOT com
http://www.mpi-softtech.com

The information contained in this communication may be confidential and is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If the reader
of this communication is not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not a named recipient or received this communication by mistake, please
notify the sender and delete the communication and all copies of it.