Amanda-Users

FW: Disk /usr/var offline

2003-05-14 12:22:40
Subject: FW: Disk /usr/var offline
From: "Tony L. Cratz" <tcratz AT exchange.jcis DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:20:19 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony L. Cratz
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 9:05 AM
To: 'Jon LaBadie'
Subject: RE: Disk /usr/var offline

>>      I'm having a problem when I run amdump that I get disk /usr/var
>>      Offline.
>
>amcheck would likely get the same error.
>Shouldn't even be trying amdump yet if amcheck doesn't run error free.
>
>Problem is likely network related.  inetd/xinetd not set up correctly.
>nameservice (dns/nis/???) not properly resolving host names.  Files
>in the wrong locations.

Amcheck runs clean, here is the output:

amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/dump: 19801981 KB disk space available, that's plenty
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DailySet1000 label ok
Server check took 4.588 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.403 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

And here is my inetd.conf:

Amanda  dgram  udp wait   root /usr/local/libexec/amandad amandad
amandaidx       stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/amindexd
amindexd
amidxtape       stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped
amidxtaped

Tony