Amanda-Users

Re: Feature Request: eject option for amflush

2003-05-14 07:36:22
Subject: Re: Feature Request: eject option for amflush
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Nicki Messerschmidt" <amanda-u AT alienn DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 07:34:07 -0400
On Wed May 14 2003 05:29, Nicki Messerschmidt wrote:

>Hi,
>I think an eject option for amflush would be a very useful thing,
>because one cant do somethin like
>amdump; mt -f /dev/nst0 offline

Why can't you do that?  Some changers, mine included, may be set to
maintain a loaded tape, so that command acts like a slot next
command until you find the right dipswitch and shut it off.

>because amflush does some asking an then exits. An I don't like to
> wait for the tape to be rewinded and then ejected. How do you
> think about it?

One can redirect a file containing the right answers to amflush, or
should be able to anyway.  OTOH, by making use of the autoflush =
yes option in your amanda.conf, it just does it, or has on those
occasions where I've had to fix something or added new DLE's,
throwing the 'balance' off till a new schedule is gradually worked
out.  In other words, thats still a cron-able item and requires no
human intervention.

[...]

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M