Amanda-Users

amcheck 2.4.4

2003-05-08 18:50:04
Subject: amcheck 2.4.4
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 23:46:38 +0100
Hi,

I'm running 2.4.2p2 on RedHat and a HP DDS4 6 tape changer without problem.
I have a few 2.4.4 clients running and although they work fine with the
older server i feel its about time i upgrade the server to keep it in line.

I have setup 2.4.4 in parallel and uses the same conf's as i do in 2.4.2p2 -
my live system is still using the 2.4.2p2 but when i do an amcheck to see if
the 2.4.4 system is working i get...

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/spool/amanda: 5700356 KB disk space available, that's
plenty
amcheck-server: could not get changer info: no slots available

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 13 hosts checked in 0.649 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

does anyone know what this issue might be? I've gone through everything and
my config works fine for 2.4.2p2

thanks

Tom