Amanda-Users

??: Can amanda do online backups, i.e., just to disk?

2003-05-08 21:22:58
Subject: ??: Can amanda do online backups, i.e., just to disk?
From: "tender(???)" <tender AT tencent DOT com>
To: "Aaron Wohl" <freebsd AT soith DOT com>, "Dan OBrien" <dmobrien AT lcsi DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:16:54 +0800
suggest that when backing up a directory with large amount of
data,say,100G,client can split that directory into small tarballs.such as 1.5G
each
also amanda should support the backup of databases, such as mysql
of course, amanda is expected to support backup to disk with restore mechanisms.
Is above on a to-do-list?

regards

tender

-----????-----
???: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org [mailto:owner-amanda-users AT amanda
DOT org]?? Aaron Wohl
????: 2003?5?9? 4:41
???: Dan OBrien; amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
??: Re: Can amanda do online backups, i.e., just to disk?

For a howto on how to backups to disk see
http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/191.html

Having it leave a copy of your latest tape backups on disk is anouther
matter.  A lot of people have been asking for that, but it isnt really
supported yet.  Currently we are doing a restore from tape after each
tape backup.  On the other days when we arent doing tape backup we use
the above backup to disk.