Amanda-Users

Re: Can amanda do online backups, i.e., just to disk?

2003-05-08 16:43:39
Subject: Re: Can amanda do online backups, i.e., just to disk?
From: "Aaron Wohl" <freebsd AT soith DOT com>
To: "Dan OBrien" <dmobrien AT lcsi DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 14:40:58 -0600
For a howto on how to backups to disk see
http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/191.html

Having it leave a copy of your latest tape backups on disk is anouther
matter.  A lot of people have been asking for that, but it isnt really
supported yet.  Currently we are doing a restore from tape after each
tape backup.  On the other days when we arent doing tape backup we use
the above backup to disk.