Amanda-Users

R: R: R: Access restriction in amrecover

2003-05-06 15:15:31
Subject: R: R: R: Access restriction in amrecover
From: "Creator" <creator AT mindcreations DOT com>
To: "'Jean-Louis Martineau'" <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 21:11:44 +0200
I've successfully patched the amindexd.c file of v2.4.4 to obtain my goal.

I've seen that in your original code you have left this:

#if 0
    /* only let a client restore itself for now unless it is the server */
    if (strcasecmp(remote_hostname, local_hostname) == 0)
        return 0;
    if (strcasecmp(remote_hostname, host) != 0)
    {
        reply(501,
              "You don't have the necessary permissions to set dump host to
%s.",
              buf1);
        return -1;
    }
#endif

didn't you remember about this?

This piece of code makes what I need.

Obviously the security implemented in this way is too weak but it is only a
matter of HOW to do it better.

I'll post a patch when I've finished the "more secure" authentication
method.

Bye

Stefano Coletta
http://www.mindcreations.com