Amanda-Users

Amrecover problem

2003-05-06 13:45:31
Subject: Amrecover problem
From: "Rosenblatt, Scott" <scottr AT starentnetworks DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 13:41:39 -0400
Attempting to restore from a client (vito) by becoming root, cd'ing into
the lost directory, and doing amrecover. When I attempt this, I get the
error to check amidxtaped.debug on the amanda server (titanic). However,
I do a   find -name amidxtaped.debug -print   and there are I cannot
find this file.

Please help, this is killin me.....TIA,
-Scott Rosenblatt
scottr AT starentnetworks DOT com

----snip-----
vito:/localdisk/joeblow/repository5# amrecover -s titanic -t titanic
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on titanic ...
220 titanic AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2003-05-06) 200 Working date set to
2003-05-06.
200 Config set to DailySet1.
200 Dump host set to vito.
$CWD '/net/vito/joeblow/repository5' is on disk 'md3' mounted at
'/net/vito'.
200 Disk set to md3.
ls
/net/vito/joeblow/repository5
WARNING: not on root of selected filesystem, check man-page!
amrecover> ls
2003-05-01 .
2003-04-27 master/
amrecover> add master/
Added dir /joeblow/repository5/master at date 2003-04-27
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host titanic.
The following tapes are needed: 000307L1

Restoring files into directory /net/vito/joeblow/repository5 Continue?
[Y/n]: y

Load tape 000307L1 now
Continue? [Y/n]: y
EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on titanic.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1 Continue? [Y/n]: y
amrecover> q