Amanda-Users

Questions on amverify errors

2003-05-06 10:40:46
Subject: Questions on amverify errors
From: "C. Wilson" <cwilson AT cooketech DOT net>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 09:39:03 -0500
All,
        I've been getting these errors during the amverify. I've read that the following lines are not really errors that I should not be concerned about:

** Error detected (server.domain.net._usr.20030503.1)
amrestore: WARNING: not at start of tape, file numbers will be offset
amrestore:   0: restoring server.domain.net._usr.20030503.1

But, what about the "Cannot open("/dev/tty"): No such device or address" errors and that the end of the amverify email has "Too many errors." ?

gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
amrestore:   1: reached end of information
Cannot open("/dev/tty"): No such device or address
open: No such file or directory
cannot open symbol table file ./restoresymtable
64+0 in
64+0 out
Too many errors.

I've done spot restores and everything seems to work fine.

Thanks for your time....

--
Cwilson