Amanda-Users

changing dumptype

2003-05-06 10:04:02
Subject: changing dumptype
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 06 May 2003 09:57:10 -0400
Hi,
This is just a sanity-check kind of question.  Is it safe to change the
dumptype of a DLE after it's already active in a config?  I'm having
problems with dump (no "I-told-you-so's" OK?) and want to switch this
DLE to gtar.  Last night I got a level-2 of it.  If I switch to gtar,
what will happen?  Will AMANDA notice the change and "start over" with a
full backup using gtar?

Thanks,
Eric

--
      #!/Eric/Sproul        | The problem with the rat race
   OSS Engineer, NTELOS     | is that even if you win,