Amanda-Users

Mixing versions of amanda

2003-05-02 14:01:07
Subject: Mixing versions of amanda
From: Alex Thurlow <alex.thurlow AT skylist DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 12:56:53 -0500
I'm currently using the rpm version of amanda-2.4.2p2-7 on my amanda server to back up a bunch of machines also with rpm installed amanda. I hear again and again not to use the rpm and to compile it myself, so I've been considering it. I was just wondering, would I run into problems if I compiled amanda on the server, but kept the 2.4.2 rpm version clients? I ask because upgrading all of my backed up machines would be a huge task that I don't really have the time to do in one day. Has anyone been in this situation?

Alex Thurlow