Amanda-Users

Re: Win32 Backup?

2003-03-06 04:19:43
Subject: Re: Win32 Backup?
From: Michael Perry <mperry AT lnxpowered DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:39:18 -0800
Anthony A. D. Talltree wrote:
I've never had to do this, but an approach that I'd probably persue
would be to use Symmantec/Norton Ghost to create occasional disk images
that would get xferred via Samba to a *ix filesystem.  I'd try real
hard to keep important data off of the M$ machine's local disks.

One way I have done it is to use MS's backup program to backup to a samba share on a freebsd box. MS backup will happily backup to a samba share. Then I just backup all that stuff using amanda.

I've used MS backup on XP Pro and w2kpro this way and it works pretty well for my needs.

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry AT lnxpowered DOT org | http://www.lnxpowered.org