Amanda-Users

Re: Splitting a big directory (disklist question)

2003-01-30 11:54:10
Subject: Re: Splitting a big directory (disklist question)
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jeff Borders <jeff AT jeffborders DOT com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:08:46 -0500 (EST)
On 30 Jan 2003 at 10:23am, Jeff Borders wrote

> I've got a dds2 drive and need to split up a big directory so the images
> will fit on a tape.  I've read posts and docs but I'm not doing
> something right.  I don't understand the example of this in the
> amanda-2.4.3/example/disklist file.  Here is a sample of what I'm trying
> to do:
>
> curly /data/apps/[0-9]*       high-tar
> curly /data/apps/[A-H]*       high-tar
> curly /data/apps/[I-P]*       high-tar
> curly /data/apps/[Q-Z]*       high-tar
> curly /data/apps/[a-z]*       high-tar

You can't put wildcards and regexy type stuff in the directory entry.  You
need to do the top level directory there, and then modify the dumptype
(that's the stuff inside curly brackets in the examples) using include and
exclude statements.  Those are explained in the amanda(8) man page.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering