Amanda-Users

Splitting a big directory (disklist question)

2003-01-30 11:02:28
Subject: Splitting a big directory (disklist question)
From: Jeff Borders <jeff AT jeffborders DOT com>
To: Amanda-Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 30 Jan 2003 10:23:03 -0500
Hello,

I've got a dds2 drive and need to split up a big directory so the images
will fit on a tape.  I've read posts and docs but I'm not doing
something right.  I don't understand the example of this in the
amanda-2.4.3/example/disklist file.  Here is a sample of what I'm trying
to do:

curly   /data/apps/[0-9]*       high-tar
curly   /data/apps/[A-H]*       high-tar
curly   /data/apps/[I-P]*       high-tar
curly   /data/apps/[Q-Z]*       high-tar
curly   /data/apps/[a-z]*       high-tar
curly   /data/linux     high-tar
curly   /data/pics      high-tar
curly   /data/mydocs    high-tar

The linux, pics, and mydocs are correct.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you, Jeff Borders