Amanda-Users

Jukebox 2, work-around

2003-01-29 10:40:20
Subject: Jukebox 2, work-around
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, j.thorne AT kew DOT org, jon AT jgcomp DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:00:33 -0500 (EST)
Jon,
James,

My guess about the problem being related to the number of
the drive must be pretty close to the mark.

We are ok with jukebox 1, drive 0cn but fail with jukebox 2, drive 1cn.

I created a new device link

# cd /dev/rmt
# ln -s /devices/pci@8,700000/scsi@2,1/st@5,0:cn 00cn

and modified my amanda.conf file for configuration that
accesses the 2nd jukebox (/dev/scsi/changer/c6t4d0) to
access the new link for the "tapedev" rather than the
original.

This seems to have worked around the problem. Seems that offsetting
the drive id is casing some problem, ostensibly in chg-zd-mtx script.

James, does chg-scsi work ok with a 2nd jukebox/drive ?

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian