Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda with TL890 tape library on RedHat Linux 8.0

2003-01-17 09:06:05
Subject: Re: Amanda with TL890 tape library on RedHat Linux 8.0
From: Leonid Mamtchenkov <f.l.amanda-users AT news.francoudi DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:21:21 +0000 (UTC)
Owen Williams <williams AT dmu.ac DOT uk> wrote:
OW>   I've attached the configs I used on Compaq ML370, TL891, DLT8000.

Thanks a lot!  Those are helpful in proving myself being on the right
track. :)

OW> You need mtx installed too.

Stupid me ;)  Thanks.

OW> As an aside: If anyone thinks there's glaring mistakes in my setup...

Not me :)

OW> Its been working well enough for me stop paying for Arkeia though :)

I am paying for NovaNet now, but it just doesn't scale any more (roughly
70 servers).  It did work fine before though.

Regarding your config files, I have /dev/changer missing, and MAKEDEV
documentation does not mention anything about how to create it.  Can you
give me more information about this device.  Thanks.

--
Best regards,
  Leonid Mamtchenkov, RHCE