Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with labelstr

2003-01-16 13:58:14
Subject: Re: Problems with labelstr
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:22:03 -0500
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:09:14AM -0600, Dan Spray wrote:
> Thanks to all who helped with this problem.  I assumed that it was
> something along those lines, I guess I need to understand regular
> expressions better.
>
> Now I am getting another error, I pasted it below if anyone knows what
> needs done differently.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan
>
> [root@ZEUS config]# su amanda -c "amlabel config Daily-Wed"
> rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
> rewinding, writing label Daily-Wed, checking labelamlabel: couldn't
> write tapelist: Permission denied

Again, please do not include html versions of your postings.

In your amanda config directory, the file "tapelist" either doesn't
exist or can not be written to or created by amlabel.

Also you are bound for disappointment if you target specific tapes
to specific days.  They will, not might, will, get out of sync.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)