Amanda-Users

Re: Abandoning restore

2003-01-14 16:11:07
Subject: Re: Abandoning restore
From: "Adnan Olia" <adnan AT intradyn DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:26:17 -0600
Ok guys, I did some more research on this issue and found out the following
information.

I tailed the amidxtaped.2003022517*.debug file in my /tmp/amanda directory
and found the follwing message when the restore is being abandoned.

amrestore:  write error: Connection reset by peer
amidxtaped: time 114.410: amrestore terminated normally with status: 2
amidxtaped: time 114.411: rewinding tape ...

I do not understand, why would amrestore would think that the "connection
has been lost" with the client?  Becuase the network connection is still
there as I can still connect to "smbclient //mywinserver01/share001" before,
during and after the amrestore is done.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Note:    I am using Windows 2000 Advanced Server as my backup-up client
            I am using Mandrake Linux 8.0 as Amanda Server
            I am not using Tape Drive, instead I am backing up the files on
my Amanda Server

If I need to provide more information, please let me know

Thanks
Adnan Olia

news:avvfnu$sfr$1 AT main.gmane DOT org...