Amanda-Users

Bad file descriptor ??

2003-01-14 00:10:30
Subject: Bad file descriptor ??
From: "Marcel Welschbillig" <Marcel AT comdek.net DOT au>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:22:29 +0800

Hi all,

I’ve been using Amanda to backup some Linux systems for quite some time. Recently I am getting the following errors.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:

  eth0.yeast sda3 lev 0 FAILED [closing tape: Input/output error]

  eth0.yeast sda3 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]

  eth0.yeast sda2 lev 0 FAILED [closing tape: Bad file descriptor]

  eth0.yeast sda2 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]

  barley     sda5 lev 0 FAILED [closing tape: Bad file descriptor]

  barley     sda5 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]

On Barley it has no problem backing up other partitions only sda5 which is the /home directory. It backs up many other servers with no problems, only has problems on barley and yeast. I’m assuming there are some corrupt files that can not be read on these partitions, how do I find them and repair/delete them??

Thanks in advance !

Marcel