Amanda-Users

Re: Bad file descriptor ??

2003-01-14 07:32:35
Subject: Re: Bad file descriptor ??
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Marcel Welschbillig <Marcel AT comdek.net DOT au>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 06:53:49 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 at 12:22pm, Marcel Welschbillig wrote

> Hi all,

Hi.  Please don't send HTML as well as plain text -- there's really no
point to it.  Just use plain text.

> I've been using Amanda to backup some Linux systems for quite some time.
> Recently I am getting the following errors.
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   eth0.yeast sda3 lev 0 FAILED [closing tape: Input/output error]
>   eth0.yeast sda3 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]
>   eth0.yeast sda2 lev 0 FAILED [closing tape: Bad file descriptor]
>   eth0.yeast sda2 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]
>   barley     sda5 lev 0 FAILED [closing tape: Bad file descriptor]
>   barley     sda5 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]
>
> On Barley it has no problem backing up other partitions only sda5 which
> is the /home directory. It backs up many other servers with no problems,
> only has problems on barley and yeast. I'm assuming there are some
> corrupt files that can not be read on these partitions, how do I find
> them and repair/delete them??

There should be details of the FAILED dumps further down in the email.
Also, look in /tmp/amanda/sendbackup*debug on eth0 and barley.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering