Amanda-Users

Re: Problems setting up Amanda on Redhat 8.0 and Exabyte 220 with 8900DW

2003-01-13 20:14:28
Subject: Re: Problems setting up Amanda on Redhat 8.0 and Exabyte 220 with 8900DW
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Raymond Keckler <kecklerr AT homes DOT com>, Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:35:10 -0500
On Monday 13 January 2003 13:26, Raymond Keckler wrote:
>I have amanda setup but it does not want to get the tapes to
> backup. attached are some logs and configuration files. Could
> some please look at them and tell me what I am missing.

Re: your amanda.conf

I am not a chg-multi user, so I don't know if the tapedev spec for
use with it is in the same 'style' as chg-scsi which I use.  But
for chg-scsi, the tapedev turns into the configuration number to
reference in the chg-scsi.conf, which in my case with only one
drive and robot, and its a base 0 numbering system, that makes my
tapedev = 0.

But since you are using chg-multi, I might just be making idle
conversation.

I also don't have the word tapes within the tapecycle specification,
just the number of tapes, but I didn't see any errors in the logs
about that so its probably ok.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M