Amanda-Users

RE: Amrecover: Cannot connect, then No index records for host

2003-01-13 19:59:23
Subject: RE: Amrecover: Cannot connect, then No index records for host
From: "Brashers, Bart -- MFG, Inc." <Bart.Brashers AT mfgenv DOT com>
To: "'Jay Lessert'" <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:11:22 -0700
> > However, doing a "setdisk /data/mm5_uw/calmm5" produces the
> > same result (appended to the debug file):
> >
> > > DISK /data/mm5_uw/calmm5/
> > < 501 No index records for disk: /data/mm5_uw/calmm5/. Invalid?
>
> Bingo (maybe!).
>
> I think you did:
>
>     amrecover> setdisk /data/mm5_uw/calmm5/
>
> and you needed to do:
>
>     amrecover> setdisk /data/mm5_uw/calmm5
>
> If we're lucky, it's just a trailing "/" in your setdisk command.

That was indeed the problem!  Leaving off the trailing "/" makes "setdisk"
commands work, and by using "settime" I can get listings of the files
available on my various tapes.

I use tcsh, and use the TAB key to autocomplete path/filenames all the time,
including on this command line ("amrecover /da[TAB]mm[TAB]/ca[TAB]").  I
note that TAB also autocompletes from the "amrecover>" prompt as well, and
includes the trailing "/" for you.

It's a bummer that
  (A) such a subtlety completely escaped me.
  (B) amanda's authors didn't put in a little test for trailing slashes.
  (C) the handy autocomplete at the "amrecover>" prompt includes the
trailing slash, even though amanda doesn't want it.
  (D) all of the above.

Thanks Jay!

Bart
--
Bart Brashers                   MFG Inc.
Air Quality Meteorologist       19203 36th Ave W Suite 101