Amanda-Users

RE: Amrecover: Cannot connect, then No index records for host

2003-01-10 21:34:04
Subject: RE: Amrecover: Cannot connect, then No index records for host
From: "Brashers, Bart -- MFG, Inc." <Bart.Brashers AT mfgenv DOT com>
To: "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:40:32 -0700
> > [root]% amrecover
> > AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on foo.bar.com ...
> > 220 foo AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
> > 200 Access OK
> > Setting restore date to today (2003-01-10)
> > 200 Working date set to 2003-01-10.
> > 200 Config set to Daily.
> > 501 No index records for host: foo.bar.com. Invalid?
> > Trying foo.bar.com ...
> > 501 No index records for host: foo.bar.com. Invalid?
>
> You backed it up as "foo", and you're trying (unintentionally, but
> nonetheless) to recover it as foo.bar.com, not the same thing.

Doing "amrecover -s foo -t foo" produces the same result.  It tries all
variations listed in /etc/hosts, and fails with each one.

> > Trying foo ...
>
> But that's a frequent mistake, so it tries to Do What You Mean.

It's just trying the alias in /etc/hosts.

> > 200 Dump host set to foo.
>
> And that works.

No, index records were never found.  A Dump host was found, but no index
records.

> > Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD
>
> So it's ready to go now, I think, but you haven't told
> it what you want:
>
> setdisk /whatever

amrecover> setdisk /data
501 No index records for disk: /data. Invalid?

Nope, doesn't work.

Bart
---
Bart Brashers                            MFG Inc.
Air Quality Meteorologist            19203 36th Ave W Suite 101
bart.brashers AT mfgenv DOT com        Lynnwood WA 98036-5707
http://www.mfgenv.com               425.921.4000 Fax: 425.921.4040