Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover error

2003-01-13 11:15:52
Subject: Re: amrecover error
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:43:25 -0500
On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 01:48:09PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 12 January 2003 12:44, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> >On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 12:04:51PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> amrecover> extract
> >>
> >> Extracting files using tape drive 0 on host 192.168.1.3.
> >
> >tape drive 0
> >
> >That's bad, you should set it to your tape device (eg. /dev/nst0)
> > with the settape command or the -d command line argument.
> >
> >Jean-Louis
>
> That looks as if that was it, many thanks Jean-Louis.  Its
> proceeding normally now.
>
> One Q though.  Why doesn't it not get this from the amanda.conf
> file, as I have the latest options setup there so its even supposed
> to use the changer, allthough that last is a puzzle since the
> sample shows the drive, and not the robot?

You not neceserely recover from your amanda tape host. You can restore
from any tape drive connected to any host (amidxtaped must be configured).

The changer will be used if:
  1- your config exist on the tape server host
  2- that config have a changer configured
  3- amrecover_changer is set in the config
  4- the tape drive is the same as amrecover_changer.

amrecover_changer should be set to a tape device.

The default tape driver from amrecover is set at configuration time.

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal