Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover error

2003-01-12 14:24:39
Subject: Re: amrecover error
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:48:09 -0500
On Sunday 12 January 2003 12:44, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
>On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 12:04:51PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> amrecover> extract
>>
>> Extracting files using tape drive 0 on host 192.168.1.3.
>
>tape drive 0
>
>That's bad, you should set it to your tape device (eg. /dev/nst0)
> with the settape command or the -d command line argument.
>
>Jean-Louis

That looks as if that was it, many thanks Jean-Louis.  Its
proceeding normally now.

One Q though.  Why doesn't it not get this from the amanda.conf
file, as I have the latest options setup there so its even supposed
to use the changer, allthough that last is a puzzle since the
sample shows the drive, and not the robot?

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M