Amanda-Users

Re: Does anyone actually use amrecover with indexing?

2003-01-13 09:43:36
Subject: Re: Does anyone actually use amrecover with indexing?
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Kirk Strauser <kirk AT strauser DOT com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:56:16 -0500 (EST)
Yes, we use amrecover frequently. When I was first starting
to become familiar with it I had a few problems, silly user
errors like not remembering the "-p" option and ended up
positioning the tape manually [well, with mt :-) ] and then
having to pipe the output of dd through gzip to {xfs|ufs}restore.

I quickly found the right switches though and have been exceedingly
happy to use amrecover.

-- Start of PGP signed section.

> At 2003-01-10T23:37:49Z, David Raistrick <drais AT wow.atlasta DOT net>
> writes:
>
> > As do I.
>
> <aol>Me too</aol>
>
> So, at least for a certain set of machines, it *can* be made to work.
> --
> Kirk Strauser
> In Googlis non est, ergo non est.
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!