Amanda-Users

Re: Time out

2003-01-13 08:48:46
Subject: Re: Time out
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:04:53 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 at 3:47pm, Olivier Nicole wrote

> I set-up a new machine, and basically copied everything in /usr/local,

'make install' is always the best way to make sure all the permissions are
correct.

> recreated the /amanda directopry for amanda user and amanda group,
> created .amandahosts. I double checked that permission and ownership
> are OK. Amanda is also properly defined in tcp wrapper, inetd.conf and
> /etc/services

> FAIL planner ufo /news 0 [Request to ufo timed out.]
*snip*
> I have been thinkng and looking around, but I cannot find reason why.

*sigh*  I was going to point you at FAQ-O-Matic, but it appears to be
down.  Is there anything in /tmp/amanda/amandad*debug on ufo?  Does this
setup pass amcheck?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering