Amanda-Users

Time out

2003-01-13 04:24:32
Subject: Time out
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:47:40 +0700 (ICT)
Hi,

I am stuck with a problem with Amanda since I updated this
machine. Before everything was running very smoothly.

I set-up a new machine, and basically copied everything in /usr/local,
recreated the /amanda directopry for amanda user and amanda group,
created .amandahosts. I double checked that permission and ownership
are OK. Amanda is also properly defined in tcp wrapper, inetd.conf and
/etc/services

Since thenBut still this machine will not backup.

In amanda log I get:
WARNING planner Last full dump of ufo:/news on tape CSIM-set-2-05 overwritten
on this run.
FAIL planner ufo /news 0 [Request to ufo timed out.]
FAIL planner ufo /ftp 0 [Request to ufo timed out.]
FAIL planner ufo /web 0 [Request to ufo timed out.]
FAIL planner ufo /var 0 [Request to ufo timed out.]
FAIL planner ufo /usr 0 [Request to ufo timed out.]
FAIL planner ufo / 0 [Request to ufo timed out.]

and in amdump.1 I get:

setting up estimates for ufo:/
dumper: dgram_bind: socket bound to 0.0.0.0.962
dumper: pid 6387 executable dumper version 2.4.2p2, using port 962
ufo:/ overdue 45 days for level 0
setup_estimate: ufo:/: command 0, options: skip-incr
    last_level 0 next_level0 -45 level_days 0
    getting estimates 0 (120190) -1 (-1) -1 (-1)
error result for host ufo disk /: Request to ufo timed out.
getting estimates took 5400.090 secs
FAILED QUEUE:
 32: ufo        /
planner: FAILED ufo /news 0 [Request to ufo timed out.]

I have been thinkng and looking around, but I cannot find reason why.

Any clue will be greatly appreciated.

Olivier