Amanda-Users

Re: dumpcycle - amanda with a mind of its own

2003-01-10 09:20:47
Subject: Re: dumpcycle - amanda with a mind of its own
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: Marvin Davenport <mdavenpo1 AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:49:04 -0500
On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 04:27:51AM -0800, Marvin Davenport wrote:
> I am not using regular tapes, I am backing up to disk with 14 "psuedo"
> tapes, there is 210 GB total,
> so if tape one uses 50GB and tape2 uses 5GB, I still have 155GB left.
> I originally had dumpcycle and runcycle at 7, I was going to bump it up
> because amanda was performing full dumps every 2-3 days, A full dump of
> all servers is about 60GB, if amanda does this more than 3 times in 14
> days I will run out of space and it seems amanda does do a level 0 more
> often that 7 days on almost every server, no matter what I put for
> runcycle or dumpcycle

Did the disk get promoted? amanda should write it in the report.
Amanda should not promote a disk to often, could you tell us more about
your config?

  number of disks
  size of each disk
  size of disk that get overpromoted
  the output of 'amadmin <config> disklist'

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal