Amanda-Users

Re: dumpcycle - amanda with a mind of its own

2003-01-10 08:12:34
Subject: Re: dumpcycle - amanda with a mind of its own
From: Marvin Davenport <mdavenpo1 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 04:27:51 -0800 (PST)
I am not using regular tapes, I am backing up to disk with 14 "psuedo"
tapes, there is 210 GB total,
so if tape one uses 50GB and tape2 uses 5GB, I still have 155GB left.
I originally had dumpcycle and runcycle at 7, I was going to bump it up
because amanda was performing full dumps every 2-3 days, A full dump of
all servers is about 60GB, if amanda does this more than 3 times in 14
days I will run out of space and it seems amanda does do a level 0 more
often that 7 days on almost every server, no matter what I put for
runcycle or dumpcycle