Amanda-Users

Re: 2.4.3 amandad time outs PLEASE HELP!

2003-01-08 09:24:44
Subject: Re: 2.4.3 amandad time outs PLEASE HELP!
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: tammy <tammy AT subverge DOT com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:02:22 -0500
On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 05:36:58PM -0800, tammy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed amanda 2.4.3 client on a Mac OS X box and have the
> same issue described below (in a post I made yesterday). amandad on the
> client waits for an ACK and receives a REQ instead. This happens twice
> and then the client amandad times out and exits while waiting for the
> ACK.
>
> I had amanda 2.4.2p2 previously working on both redhat linux (7.2
> kernel 2.4.7-10) and this Mac OS X (10.2.2) box before the upgrade to
> 2.4.3. We also changed all our ip's on our network but I can't see
> where that is affecting amanda since the fresh install of 2.4.3.

Check it again.

> Another interesting note is that the backup runs successfully on the
> amanda server (redhat linux 7.3 kernel 2.4.19 with ac4 patch) when it
> is backed up (as a client). But our other 2 clients timeout waiting for
> ACKS they do not receive:(
>
> I have gone through all the obvious troubleshooting mentioned in
> http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/16.html and searched the
> archives to no avail.
>
> Anyone have any idea what is going wrong here?! PLEASE HELP!
> Is there some way to turn up the level of debugging amanda does to it's
> log files? Anything please!

Add "#define PROTO_DEBUG 1" at the beginning of common-src/protocol.c
and recompile on client and server.

After an amcheck, check the amandad.*.debug files on client
and amcheck.*.debug on server.

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal