Amanda-Users

backing up OS X with hfstar

2003-01-06 15:49:08
Subject: backing up OS X with hfstar
From: Mark Stosberg <mark AT summersault DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:53:35 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

I'm interesting in backing up an OS X client using Amanda. I've already
read a couple of useful posts on this topic:

http://www.bio.brandeis.edu/support/amandaonosx.txt

Both noted some problems and work arounds with using dump and restore,
and the later recommended using "gnutar".

I was surprised that neither mentioned "hfstar" which declares that it
would work well with Amanda for backing up HFS volumes:

http://www.metaobject.com/Community.html#hfstar

Has anyone tried a backup and restore of an HFS volume with hfstar in the
context of
Amanda?

Thanks!

  Mark