Amanda-Users

Holding disk died: how to make amanda forget the dump?

2003-01-03 10:41:03
Subject: Holding disk died: how to make amanda forget the dump?
From: Alexander JOLK <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:53:43 +0100
Hi,

I'm in the process of checking out amanda, and I've run into a slight
difficulty: the disk I was using as a holding disk has bad blocks and
amflush cannot flush out the dumps.  What should I do?  Can I make
amanda forget about the disk it failed to flush out so that it will get
rescheduled?  Or forget about the whole amdump run?

I'm using amanda 2.4.2p2 on Irix 6.5.18, in case that matters.

Thanks,
        Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29