Amanda-Users

Re: Holding disk died: how to make amanda forget the dump?

2003-01-03 13:35:17
Subject: Re: Holding disk died: how to make amanda forget the dump?
From: Deb Baddorf <baddorf AT fnal DOT gov>
To: Alexander JOLK <alexj AT buf DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:54:45 -0600
At 03:53 PM 1/3/2003 +0100, Alexander JOLK wrote:
....... holding disk has bad blocks and
amflush cannot flush out the dumps.  What should I do?  Can I make
amanda forget about the disk it failed to flush out so that it will get
rescheduled?  Or forget about the whole amdump run?

amadmin  YourConfig   clientname  [disks*]

This will delete the backups from amanda's records.
It might  (I dunno)  try to delete them from the holding disk too,
which is probably what you want.
See     man admin   for more details.

Deb Baddorf
Deb Baddorf         baddorf AT fnal DOT gov              840-2289
"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old."
- George Burns                                          <IXOYE><