Amanda-Users

Re: amandad: dgram_recv: timeout

2003-01-02 20:12:35
Subject: Re: amandad: dgram_recv: timeout
From: "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hps AT intermeta DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:39:46 +0000 (UTC)
David Raistrick <drais AT wow.atlasta DOT net> writes:

>Hey folks.

>I've been trying to solve a problem with amanda for the past few
>months.  Until yesterday it was only a problem on one (out of ~10
>servers) client.  Now it's two!

>Examples from the dump report:
>  newww.gta. / lev 0 FAILED [Request to newww.gta.com timed out.]
>  bento.gta. / lev 0 FAILED [Request to bento.gta.com timed out.]

Do you have a firewall between you and the servers? Maybe a SonicWall?

I have a case open with SW because of that.

        Regards
                Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps AT intermeta DOT de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info AT intermeta DOT de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20