Amanda-Users

one down! was: amandad: dgram_recv: timeout

2003-01-02 15:10:56
Subject: one down! was: amandad: dgram_recv: timeout
From: David Raistrick <drais AT wow.atlasta DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:37:34 -0800 (PST)
> Examples from the dump report:
>   newww.gta. / lev 0 FAILED [Request to newww.gta.com timed out.]

Ah!  I've tracked down one of the problems...and it was indeed (partly)
causing it.  The main IP of the client changed. The old IP remains as an
alias.

The IP that the amanda server was accessing (.19) was not the same as the
IP the client responded from (.31).  Since the firewall only opened the
virtual crack to allow data to flow back from the original IP (.19), the
data from .31 was blocked.

Question, and this is probably a FAQ, though I haven't found the answer
yet, then is: Can the amanda client be configured to reply from a specific
IP instead of letting the OS choose?  (OS is freebsd here.)

I'm going to give the increased timeout times a shot on the other server
(bento) and see how that goes.

thanks....david

---
david raistrick