Amanda-Users

Re: amflush hangs

2003-01-02 14:17:39
Subject: Re: amflush hangs
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: Vichaya Sidhipong <bs AT axysdesign DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:43:41 -0500
Hi,

Brad Roberts send the fix on the amanda-hackers mailling lists.

I include it.

Jean-Louis

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 10:16:55AM -0800, Vichaya Sidhipong wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just wanted to chime in.  I've been running amanda for the past two years
> with the same configuration.  Lately, just like rgrant found out, amflush
> has been hanging on me with +90% CPU usage.  Prior to this (I recall the
> last amflush I ran was maybe six or seven months ago) amflush was running
> just fine.  So if anybody else is looking into this, hopefully this is
> another data point to consider.
>
> I'll try to look into the problem myself today since because of the holiday
> we've got some data in the holding area :-)
>
> Cheers!
>
> On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:11:01 -0500
> rgrant AT blpltd DOT com wrote:
>
> > After a bit of debugging I found out were amflush hangs, it seems that the
> > function agets() in function call read_flush() waits forever and the for
> > loop never gets executed, I'm not sure why but maybe someone on the list
> > knows.
> >
> > excerpt from driver.c
> >
> > void read_flush(tapeqp)
> > disklist_t *tapeqp;
> > {
> >
> > [snip]
> >     /* read schedule from stdin */
> >
> >     for(line = 0; (inpline = agets(stdin)) != NULL; free(inpline)) {
> >         line++;

Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal
C.P. 6128, Succ. CENTRE-VILLE    Tel: (514) 343-6111 ext. 3529
Montreal, Canada, H3C 3J7        Fax: (514) 343-5834