Amanda-Users

Re: Newbie and backup scheme... comments pls

2002-11-29 19:44:10
Subject: Re: Newbie and backup scheme... comments pls
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Joffer" <joffer AT online DOT no>, "Amanda Users List" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:11:38 -0500
On Friday 29 November 2002 15:19, Joffer wrote:
>> Hoo boy, here we go again, somebody wants to mold amanda to
>> their way of thinking. :-)
>>
>> Note the smiley please as you read on.
>
>I did :-)
>
>Well.. thnx Gene, it was very interesting reading. This is my
> first time using a tape streamer on linux, and I'm also just
> going to use it to backup my private webserver mostly, and there
> aren't 1GB of stuff there. Even so, the info on the case says 60m
> = 1GB, 90m = 2 GB and 120M =4 gb, so I guess I've got 2g of
> uncompressed? since I've got 90m tapes.. Some of the tapes has a
> 8gb label on it, so i guess that's a 4gb uncompressed.

Humm, thats a DDS2 drive then, more better as they said in "The Coal
Miners Daughter".

>Even though.. looks like amanda is a tough  determined  lady.. so
> I guess I will have to dive further down into the config and docs
> to figure out if this lady is my kinda lady.
>
>/Christopher
>
>..ohh.. Gene.. 1USD equals more or less 7.35 NOK, and 1EUR is
> about 7.30 NOK, just in case you wondered.

Thats at todays exchange rate I assume.  I started to say Kronars
myself, but that connected in my mind only with Sweden, not Norway.
I wasn't aware that you both used the same name for your script I
guess.  My bad :-)  ?? Or is that Norway only, and Sweden uses yet
another name for their money?  I'm lost.  Or having a senior
moment...

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M