Amanda-Users

Re: Newbie and backup scheme... comments pls

2002-11-29 16:02:34
Subject: Re: Newbie and backup scheme... comments pls
From: "Joffer" <joffer AT online DOT no>
To: <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>, "Amanda Users List" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:19:31 +0100
> Hoo boy, here we go again, somebody wants to mold amanda to their
> way of thinking. :-)
>
> Note the smiley please as you read on.

I did :-)

Well.. thnx Gene, it was very interesting reading. This is my first time
using a tape streamer on linux, and I'm also just going to use it to backup
my private webserver mostly, and there aren't 1GB of stuff there. Even so,
the info on the case says 60m = 1GB, 90m = 2 GB and 120M =4 gb, so I guess
I've got 2g of uncompressed? since I've got 90m tapes.. Some of the tapes
has a 8gb label on it, so i guess that's a 4gb uncompressed.

Even though.. looks like amanda is a tough  determined  lady.. so I guess I
will have to dive further down into the config and docs to figure out if
this lady is my kinda lady.

/Christopher

..ohh.. Gene.. 1USD equals more or less 7.35 NOK, and 1EUR is about 7.30
NOK, just in case you wondered.