Amanda-Users

Re: backups mirrored to remote tape (or just host)

2002-11-28 05:35:18
Subject: Re: backups mirrored to remote tape (or just host)
From: Niall O Broin <niall AT magicgoeshere DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:56:06 +0000
On Thursday 28 November 2002 09:12, Paul Jakma wrote:

>       driver:
>               - dump of file x finished
>               - launches script (and registers event for when it
>                 exits)
>               ...does all its other stuff...
>
>               - wait for all tapers and 'scripts' on a file to
>                 finish before unlinking a file.

Hi Paul,
        I just had a thought - at the moment you could fudge that I think by
using
the FILE: device. Amanda does backups to disk by using the FILE: device in a
very similar manner to a tape drive. You'd have a process which watched the
FILE: devices data directory and took files from it as soon as they appeared
and wrote them to two separate tape drives.

OK - that's the science - the rest is just engineering.

Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin

P.S. Of course this is a kludge, no, sorry, it's a KLUDGE but if you're in a
hurry for this functionality . . . .