Amanda-Users

Re: which tpchanger script to use

2002-11-27 09:11:50
Subject: Re: which tpchanger script to use
From: marc.bigler AT day DOT com
To: gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:33:02 +0100
For a changer device on LUN 1 you need to edit the Solaris's generic SCSI
driver  /kernel/drv/sgen.conf. This works fine, did some tests with mtx.

I was just more wondering what are the criterias to choose between chg-scsi
or chg-zd-mtx...

Regards
Marc

                    Gene Heskett          To:     marc.bigler AT day DOT com,
amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
                    <gene_heskett@i       cc:

                    olinc.net>            Subject:     Re: which tpchanger
script to use

                    11/27/02 02:01

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to gene_heskett

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 03:53, marc.bigler AT day DOT com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am currently setting up an amanda 2.4.3 server on Solaris 9 with
> a Compaq TSL-9000 DDS-3 tape changer device and was wondering
> which "tpchanger" script I should use, will chg-scsi work or do I
> need to use chg-zd-mtx maybe ? The compaq tape changer uses one
> target but then the tape runs on LUN 0 and the changer on LUN 1.
>
>Thanks
>
>Marc

chg-scsi which seems to be right at home with a drive at lun0/robot
at lun1 setup, is running one of the many variations of Seagate
4586 changers just fine here.  This is the one that has either a 4
tape or a 12 tape(the drawer stays open and the magazine runs up
and down the front of the computer) arranged so the tapes are
horizontal.  The drive is /dev/nst0, the robot is /dev/sg1.

If this was linux, You'd have to build a kernel with the scsi option
'scan all luns' turned on else the robot won't be found.  Its not
on by default.  I don't know about solaris though.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M