Amanda-Users

chg-scsi and Quantum SuperLoader SDLT 3520L

2002-11-20 17:44:23
Subject: chg-scsi and Quantum SuperLoader SDLT 3520L
From: Damon Conway <damon AT 3jane DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:10:17 -0600
Hello all,
I've been wrestling with chg-scsi and my Quantum changer all day.  Here
are the specs:

Red Hat 8.0 w/ kernel 2.4.18
Quantum SuperLoader SDLT 3520L
Amanda 2.4.3

If I set changerdev to /dev/sg0 and dev to /dev/nst0, I get this:

# sudo /usr/local/libexec/chg-scsi -info
Can't get ElementStatus
#

I can't find anything on that error in the list archives, searching
Google, or looking in the docs (TAPE.CHANGERS or FAQ-O-MATIC).
According to /proc/scsi/sg/device*, /dev/sg0 is "QUANTUM  SuperDLT1
2A2A".  I'm assuming that the error means that it can't talk to the
device.

Since it appears that both the robot and the drive are showing up as the
same SCSI ID, I changed changerdev to /dev/nst0, and I get this:

# sudo /usr/local/libexec/chg-scsi -info
chg-scsi: open: /dev/nst0: Success
<none> open: /dev/nst0: Success
#

No matter what option I give to chg-scsi, I get the same output.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or what I can do next to debug this?
I've included my amanda.conf and chg-scsi.conf files below.

Thanks,
Damon

--
GPG Key Info:
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA7F06E8E

"Sometimes your temperature, it really gets higher, and the music sets your
soul on fire."  - Peter Tosh 'Reggae Mylitis'