Amanda-Users

Re:

2002-11-18 07:45:41
Subject: Re:
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:06:24 -0500
On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 01:13:32PM +0200, Harri Haataja wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:43:43AM +0100, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
> > for me your amanda-report looks quite normal for the situation you're
> > in.  Amanda wrote 11,5GB of data to the tape, then ran into eot. This
> > is a quite normal volume for 125meter/dds-3-tapes.
>
> That would be a good explanation. But where can I see the amount of data
> it got? The backups aren't on holding disk either, so it seems that many
> disks (dirs) are not getting backed up at all.
>
> > The rest of the report shows amanda is completely out of sync, and it
> > will try to get as much fulls of your disks as possible in the next
> > runs.  I think in a few days she will get back to her normal
> > tapeusage.
>
> I'll clip the report a bit..

> That does sound like out of tape.

You clipped too much.  Here is the line from your original message:

>>   taper: tape sksp_023 kb 11504832 fm 10 writing file: No space left on
>> device

It indicates that 10 file marks, "fm 10" were written, one for the
tape header and 9 for the disklist entries successfully written to
the tape.  Then on the 10th DLE it hit end of tape.  At the time it
hit EOT, it had written total (successful plus failed) 11.5 GB.

So that 10th DLE must be huge.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)