Amanda-Users

Re: weird problem

2002-11-13 22:52:23
Subject: Re: weird problem
From: Joseph Sirucka <Joseph.Sirucka AT team.telstra DOT com>
To: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
Date: 14 Nov 2002 14:07:48 +1100
Hi All

ok my problem is this I have done a amflush of a failed backup.

from there, amanda never returns the mail message to state that the
flush has finished.

Also the tape unit sits there idle and no process is found to be
running. I can eject the tape happily and amanda will keep sit idle.

I have thought of everything.

I may think its a lock file, but have no idea to find the lockfile if
there is one and delete it.

so currently my backups are idle for two days.

any ideas.

regards

Joseph