Amanda-Users

Re: weird problem

2002-11-13 20:56:41
Subject: Re: weird problem
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Joseph Sirucka <Joseph.Sirucka AT team.telstra DOT com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:29:59 -0600
--On Thursday, November 14, 2002 12:02:41 +1100 Joseph Sirucka <Joseph.Sirucka AT
team.telstra DOT com> wrote:

Hi All

I have removed the /usr/dumps and you stated, but the amandahost
problems exists.

I do have .amandahosts file with 600 permission and in the file I have

olbs3.in.telstra.com.au amanda

is there anything else I am missing out on.

regards

Joseph

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 11:36, Galen Johnson wrote:
Joseph Sirucka wrote:

> Hi All
>
> just got this problem as below, anyone know how to resolve this
>
> [amanda@olbs3 olbs2db.in.telstra.com.au]$ amcheck daily
> Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> -----------------------------
> WARNING: holding disk /usr/dumps: only 486732 KB free, using nothing
> Holding disk /home/dumps: 1011652 KB disk space available, using 909252
> KB
> amcheck-server: slot 1: date X        label daily-008 (exact label
> match)
> NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
> Tape daily-008 label ok
> Server check took 1.309 seconds

This sounds like your /usr/dumps dir isn't as large as you've told
amanda to expect so it's just ignoring it.  It's using the /home/dumps,
though.  You may want to remove the /usr/dumps from the amanda.conf file.

> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: olbs2.in.telstra.com.au: [access as amanda not allowed from
> amanda@olbs3] amandahostsauth failed

Whenever you see:

ERROR: zzzz: [access as yyyy not allowed from xxxx@wwww] amandahostsauth failed

then client zzzz  needs the following line in its .amandahosts

wwww    xxxx

Be sure that you substitute exactly for xxxx and wwwww.  In your case
you need the line:

olbs3   amanda

Evidently your name resolution isn't consistant on appending domain names.

Frank

> Client check: 12 hosts checked in 1.225 seconds, 1 problem found
>
> (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3)
>
> regards
>
> Joseph

Sounds like you don't have your .amandahosts file set up on that server.

=G=

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com